Sunday, June 4, 2006

Play-Doh

When I was a kid, I used to love Play-Doh.

I loved the colors, the smell, the salty taste (hey, it was non-toxic...). I loved using little cookie cutters and rolling pins to create things. My favorite toys were always the ones that got kids to use their imaginations (like LEGOs).

Play-Doh is celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year. Invented in 1956, Play-Doh was a concoction that came about by accident. The inventors, Noah and Joseph McVicker, were trying to develop a wallpaper cleaner! The original Play-Doh came in one colour: off-white. It was only a year later that it became available in the bright colors we all remember.

Play-Doh has a very distinctive smell and texture. Like Kentucky Fried Chicken, the exact recipe is kept top secret...

For a limited time, Demeter Fragrance Library (a fragrance line I love) has issued a Play-Doh perfume to celebrate it's 50th anniversary! Needless to say, I want some!

Check it out by clicking here.

perfume photo: demeterfragrance.com
play doh photo: christophergriffith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment