Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back on My Feet

After almost 3 years of inactive participation in our annual family skiing trip, I finally find myself kicking to slide the snowy hills of Les Paccots. The resort is about 20 minutes from where we live and it is just a small family winter recreation. I was so stressed and nervous thinking I will make such a huge mess with my big come back! Luckily for me, having a husband like Patrick is a wonderful blessing. He was the most patient and gentle teacher supporting me in everyway. The first hour thought to be crucial was a walk in the park afterall. Skiing once learnt is like learning how to bike. Even if you idle for awhile, the skill is within us. It is only a matter of time and practice to get back the confidence. I could never imagine myself having such a good time with my children in the slopes today. Almost 5 hours of fun and a good hour of rest was just the therapy I needed to officially get my feet back on the slopes. I am loving it so much! Can't wait for the next big snowfall...

With my two older kids before the first run...
Beautiful couple on a beautiful God given day

Best Regards,
Haydee

No comments:

Post a Comment